Less Than Jake - Losing Streak [1996]


Now, this is the first Less Than Jake I've listened to and I was wondering what I was getting myself into when I saw the goofy cartoon on the front. But as soon as the first words, "This is the old dude..." flowed out of my speakers I forgot everything else and was immerse in this wonderful sound that catches your attention without you ever wondering or caring. The whole album maintains a crazy energy that anyone can get into while the lack of slowing down is never a problem to the listener. The mixture of the plunky guitar, great bass, simple but amazingly affective horns (and some sax), and the awesome vocals have a way of rolling through the mind with such great ease that you'll wonder why you haven't been doing this earlier. I'm not going to single out any songs as better than the others because they all have a way of fitting in just right making the whole album complete. However, if at all possible, try to listen to "Lockdown" to get a great example of the horn/bari sax section. There isn't much more to say that can't better be explained by listening to this album. Buy. Now.

4.5

Less Than Jake - Losing Streak [1996]

0 comments: