George Strait - It Just Comes Natural [2006]

Just when you think that George Strait will soon be taking up the rocking chair and disappearing "somewhere down in Texas" he lays another release out there that comes closes to...well...perfection. IT JUST COMES NATURAL is simply marvelous and the title pretty much says it all about arguably the greatest country singer of all time. Nothing goes wrong with this one but, then, that's an old story with Mr. Strait. Tell me the last time one of his albums went south? In fact, because of his excellence, he seems sometimes to be overlooked. Just another perfect day for George. To overlook this album for any reason would be a mistake. One of the unique things about this offering is it has fifteen tracks. I went back and looked at my collection and discovered that, with few exceptions, George usually sticks to a simple ten. Maybe it used to be superstition for him. Maybe he thought that ten was a lucky number. Whatever the case, I'm glad he went with fifteen because, for the life of me, I can't say which of the tracks I'd leave out if ten were mandatory. Great stuff here. The title track and "Give It Away" are wonderful but, as is often the case with Strait's albums, some of the other tracks become my favorites. In the case of this album "I Ain't Her Cowboy Anymore" has quickly become one of my all time favorite George Strait Songs. But then, as I have already noted, every track here is simply splendid. Give a listen. I'm sure you won't be disappointed.

George Strait - It Just Comes Natural [2006]

0 comments: